In recent days, I have been humbled like never before. I have seen sin in my life that I have been blinded to for so long. I have been experiencing God's sanctifying work in my life in ways I was not expecting. My eyes have been opened to see beyond myself, my circumstances, my feelings.
In no way have these past few days been easy. I hate seeing this yucky, gross junk in my life...my selfishness, my idolatry, my reliance on my feelings, my unrealistic expectations of others, my control issues, my tendency to run away from others and from God, finding my identity and security in other people and things and not Christ...just to name a few. It hurts to see this and it's going to hurt being pruned, but I am so thankful that this has surfaced.
God's Word, the Holy Spirit, and the body of Christ are ways the Lord has revealed my sinful heart. It's never easy seeing things in your life that you don't like, but God is going to grow me so much in this next season of life. I am thankful that He is never done working on me...this is a process that will last for the rest of my life here on earth. I will never achieve perfection, but each day I can be made more and more like Christ. SANCTIFICATION. I pray that this season of life will be sanctifying beyond what I can imagine.
True confessions of a sinner being transformed by the power of God.
love this.
ReplyDelete